Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) launched the new Toyota Yaris in India at a base price of ₹ 8.75 lakh while the highest range variant goes up to ₹ 14.07 lakh.
Though it will hit the market and subsequent delivery will happen in May 2018, Toyota has already commenced officially bookings of the new Toyota Yaris for a token amount of ₹ 50,000. Of course, The Toyota Yaris is a new product for India and the recent launch of the ‘Baby Corolla’ was a mighty success.
As far as the new Toyota Yaris is concerned, the company has come up with competitive pricing considering it rivals the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Honda City, and the Hyundai Verna.
According to N Raja, Deputy Managing Director Toyota Kirloskar Motor, now Toyota Yaris has the nationwide popularity for its class-leading features, superior comfort, top-notch quality and excellent performance.
In a jubilant mood, Mr. Raja was quick to thank the customers for giving their new brand such a heartening and exciting response to Toyota’s debut in the B-High sedan segment in India. On hitting the market, Toyota Yaris will be displayed across all Toyota dealerships in India and customers would book for the test drive immediately.
The new Toyota Yaris will hit the market in 4 variants – J, G, V, VX and it will be offered in either petrol manual of petrol automatic while the latter would get a CVT unit.
Features and Specifications:
- The new Toyota Yaris has a well-organized cabin with the latest gizmos.
- Premium quality interior to complement the exterior like roof mounted air-vents with ambient illumination.
- The Yaris gets an 8-way adjustable power driver seat, flat floor for the rear section, glass-high solar energy absorbing and tire pressure monitoring system.
- It has a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with gesture control.
- It has got automatic climate control and audio, telephony, and cruise control function mounted on the multi-functional steering wheel.
- For safety, Toyota is providing with 7 airbags including curtain and knee airbags, front parking sensors, rear parking sensor with a camera, ABS with EBD, stability control and disc brakes for all four wheels.
- Got a 5-star rating.
Toyota Yaris has been inspired by its older sibling, Toyota Corolla Altis, and the Camry. In the front, the new Yaris gets large sweptback headlamps with projector units, LED DRLs and LED guide lights along with large front grille with glossy black slats, coupled by round fog lamps.